Finding the Perfect Gift for your Book Loving Friends (part 2)
The holidays are rapidly approaching, and if like me, you have not completed your holiday shopping yet, I have some fun ideas for you. Several weeks ago, I wrote a Page Turners column on my book recommendations for gift giving and included a few other bookish items as well. Since then, so many other great lists and ideas have come through my inbox that I decided to highlight the most appealing ones this week. Most places are advertising standard shipping if you order in the next few days, and I have also mentioned a couple that can be very last minute.
Last Minute Gifts That Will Appeal:
- The fabulous audiobook platform Libro.fm supports independent bookstores as part of its business model. When you sign up, you choose the bookstore you want to support and that store gets a portion of every purchase you make. The company provides several gift giving options that allow the recipient to select the books her or she wants to listen to.
- Fabled Bookshop & Café in Waco, Texas has a wonderful book subscription service called The Story Bound Society. You choose a character from the 6 boxes the store offers and each month a book from that selection is delivered.
- Page One Books in Evanston, Illinois offers a curated book subscription, called Page 1, tailored to each specific reader. The recipient fills out a questionnaire to help Page 1 select specific books for him or her based on the reading preferences. Gift subscriptions can be 3 months, 6 months or 12 months.
Personalized Book Recommendations:
The largest U.S. book publisher, Penguin Random House, offers a book buying hotline online. The site asks you to “Fill out the form below to receive custom, thoughtful book recommendations for you and yours, written by real people. Feel free to submit a request as many times as you’d like – we’ve got different recommendations for everyone on your list!” This is a great way to find gifts for those hard to find people in your life.
Unique Bookish Gift Lists:
- CNN has a creative gift list centered around books. I found several things here that I had not seen anywhere else.
- This list by Parade Magazine is a comprehensive book guide for holiday gift giving.
- Men’s Health has an amazing list of gift for book lovers including candles, glassware, tote bags, socks, and much more.
- The Bookstorian Podcast. I recently discovered this podcast out of Australia, and for the holidays the host Teagan asked various book influencers for holiday recommendations. I found some great book ideas when I listened to this episode.
For more book recommendations and bookish thoughts, see Cindy’s monthly Buzz Reads column, her Thoughts from a Page Podcast or follow @ThoughtsFromaPage on Instagram. Find upcoming Conversations from a Page events here.
Want more buzz like this? Sign up for our Morning Buzz emails.
To leave a comment, please log in or create an account with The Buzz Magazines, Disqus, Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Or you may post as a guest.