Children's Museum Houston's 27th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration
Honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his legacy during Children Museum Houston's 27th annual celebration.
Join Children’s Museum Houston in honoring civil rights leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and his legacy during the museum's 27th annual celebration. In partnership with Houston Defender.
The museum is open 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; the ceremony begins at noon.
Beginning at 11 a.m. at Main Entrance:
• African Heritage Food Demo: Join Prairie View A&M in celebrating African gastronomy legacy.
Beginning at noon in Brown Auditorium:
• Violin Performance: International violinist Jamie Perry will pull at our heartstrings.
• Musical Medley: Dr. Kiana Williams will enlighten with “Lift Every Voice and Sing” rendition.
• Inspirational Words: Join Houston Defender Associate Editor Aswad Walker as he draws meaning and significance to the day.
• Caryakid Award: Museum’s highest honor to be presented to Dr. Polly Sparks Turner.
• Peace March Led by Kid’s Committee: Exercise your right in celebration of Civil Rights.
• “I Have a Dream:” Hear the powerful speech in a reenactment by Steve Scott.
• Praise Dancers: Catch an emotional dance performance by Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church.
• Dream Clouds: Share your dreams for changing the world at Junktion.
• Peace Doves: Make a world symbol of peace and what it means to you at Junktion.
• Star Promise: Take the pledge to be kind and fair to everyone at Junktion.