A New Year, a New Decade and So Many Good Books
Happy New Year! I am excited to see what the new year (and the new decade) will bring. I have begun to work on some reading goals, but the only one I have settled on so far is to read more non-fiction in 2020. I did not read as much of that genre as I usually do in 2019 and am looking forward to exploring more non-fiction titles this year.
A slew of great books are coming out in the first part of 2020 so I decided to highlight the titles I am most excited about - I focused on titles that are slated to release in January through March of this year and limited myself to six titles in each genre. I have read some of the books already (I added a star by those), and the rest are high on my list to read very soon.
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins*
- Followers by Megan Angelo* - see my review on Instagram
- The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Daré
- The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel
- In Five Years by Rebecca Serle* - see my review on Instagram
- Minor Dramas & Other Catastrophes by Kathleen West*
- Cartier’s Hope by M.J. Rose*
- The Forgotten Letters of Esther Durrant by Kayte Nunn*
- The Girl in the White Gloves by Kerri Maher*
- The Grace Kelly Dress by Brenda Janowitz*
- The Mountains Sing by Nguyen Phan Que Mai
- These Ghosts are Family by Maisy Card
- All the Best Lies by Joanna Schaffhausen (part of a series)
- Death in the Family by Tessa Wegert*
- Hi Five by Joe Ide* (part of a series)
- The Missing American by Kwei Quartey
- Revolver Road by Christi Daugherty (part of a series)
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James* - see my review on Instagram
- American Sherlock: Murder, Forensics, and the Birth of the American CSI by Kate Winkler Dawson
- The Falcon Thief: A Ture Tale of Adventure, Treachery and the Hunt for the Perfect Bird by Joshua Hammer* - see my review on Instagram
- Father of Lions: One Man’s Remarkable Quest to save the Mosul Zoo by Louise Callaghan* - see my review on Instagram
- Race Against Time: A Reporter Reopens the Unsolved Murder Cases of the Civil Rights Era by Jerry Mitchell
- Rust: A Memoir of Steel and Grit by Eliese Collette Goldbach
- The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz by Erik Larson*
Happy New Year and happy reading!
Want more buzz like this? Sign up for our Morning Buzz emails.
To leave a comment, please log in or create an account with The Buzz Magazines, Disqus, Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Or you may post as a guest.