Accounting and Contract Administrator
Our mission is to share residents’ stories one neighborhood at a time.
Each month, we publish four community lifestyle magazines filled with human-interest stories – all-original, first-time content – about local people and happenings in Houston’s most affluent neighborhoods: Bellaire, Memorial, River Oaks, Tanglewood and West University.
And our reach doesn’t stop with print. Our website features additional online-only content, community blogs, guides and directories, contests and includes thousands of searchable stories. You can also connect with us on social media and sign up for our daily newsletter, Morning Buzz.
No other publication has more trust, loyalty and relationships in these communities.
We are looking for an Accounting and Contract Administrator to handle accounts payable/accounts receivable, manage contract terms, provide administrative support to our advertising sales team and perform general office management responsibilities.
We are a small office of 10 people. The variety of duties play a critical role to ensure the smooth running of our office with all departments and sustainable growth of the company.
This is a full-time position. Hours are flexible.
- Management of all accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Entering all customer information into our accounting system (Quickbooks Pro)
- Preparation and mailing of monthly invoices
- Administration of all client contracts
- Working closely with advertising salespeople to provide a system of checks and balances
- Maintaining monthly production spreadsheet (in conjunction with salespeople)
- Maintaining and ordering of all office supplies and equipment
- Accounting degree preferred or must have experience and knowledge of general accounting principles
- Must be extremely proficient in Quickbooks Pro and Microsoft Excel
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in an office environment
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and a team player
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Group health coverage, including medical, dental and vision
- Company matching Simple IRA plan
- Paid company holidays
- Paid time off
Please tell us why you’re interested and why you would be a great fit for our team. Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.